Cleaning and tradespeople services are open.
Cleans must be skipped if a customer or Housekeeper has COVID-19, has COVID-19 symptoms, or has been told to self-isolate. Customers have the option to continue paying for their cleans in the event they or their Housekeeper needs to skip cleans.
We've introduced extra measures to ensure that work is carried out safely, including enhanced cleaning and hygiene procedures. We're also asking customers and Housekeepers to maintain social distancing during cleans.
Please see below for the full guidelines we're asking customers and Housekeepers to follow.
Guidelines for customers
- Customers should skip cleans or pause their account if anybody in their home has coronavirus symptoms or has been told to self-isolate
- Customers should maintain social distancing, and stay in another room where possible
- Customers should take extra care in observing social distancing if anybody in their home is clinically vulnerable
- Vulnerable customers should consider isolating themselves to a single room while their Housekeeper is working, or scheduling the clean for a time when they are not at home
- Customers should open windows where possible and turn on extractor fans for ventilation
- Customers should leave all internal doors open to minimise Housekeeper contact with door handles
- Customers should minimise movement in corridors and stairs while their Housekeeper is working
- Customers should wash their hands before and after handling any cleaning products provided by the customer, including; sprays, cloths, vacuum cleaners & mops
- Customers should wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60C+) after every use
- Customers should book a deep clean after a known or suspected case of coronavirus, and should make Housekeep aware of the possible contamination at the time of booking. Housekeep will send a specialist team for these cleans
- Customers with a fixed start-time for their cleans should consider changing to a flexible start time, to help Housekeepers avoid travelling during peak hours
- Customers who wish to tip their Housekeeper should use the tipping functionality in via their members area, rather than require their Housekeeper to handle cash
Guidelines for Housekeepers
- Housekeepers should book time off & not attend cleans if anybody in their home has coronavirus symptoms or has been told to self-isolate
- Housekeepers should maintain social distancing at cleans
- Housekeepers should follow government advice on face coverings
- Housekeepers should take extra care in observing social distancing if anybody in their home is clinically vulnerable
- Housekeepers should thoroughly wash their hands with warm water & soap for 20 seconds, before, during and after their cleans
- Where no handwashing facilities are available, Housekeepers should use hand sanitiser, which they should carry with them at all times
- Housekeepers should remove shoes, or wear shoe covers when at cleans (which we’re offering cleaners free)
- Housekeepers should use disposable or machine washable gloves (which we’re also offering cleaners free)
- Housekeepers should open windows where possible and turn on extractor fans for ventilation
- Housekeepers should minimise movement in corridors and stairs
- Housekeepers should wash their hands before and after handling any cleaning products provided by the customer, including; sprays, cloths, vacuum cleaners & mops
- Housekeepers should use warm water (not hot or cold) when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors, to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Housekeepers should pay extra attention to 'high-touch' areas, such as; door and cupboard handles, light switches, TV remotes, tables, countertops. These surfaces should be cleaned using regular products, then disinfected using a product that 'kills 99.9% of germs' such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray
- Housekeepers should avoid shaking dirty laundry & soft furnishings such as bath mats and rugs
- Housekeepers should wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60C+) after every use