Mopping is super important to any clean and is vital for cleaning a variety of surfaces including tiles, some wooden planks and vinyl flooring.
What you’ll need:
- Mop & Bucket
- Floor cleaning product (for the floor in question)
- Before starting, you must vacuum or sweep any dirt and dust from the floor; mopping should be the last cleaning task you carry out in a given room as you’ll need to leave the floor to air dry.
- Depending on the surface that you are cleaning, you should select an appropriate product and check the instructions.
- Start by cleaning the mophead in a sink that you’re yet to clean. Washing the mop head with warm water will ensure that no debris is spread around while mopping.
- Fill a bucket with the correct quantities of product and warm water, as instructed on the packaging.
- Dip the mop into the bucket and then wring the mop head. You should be cleaning with a wet - but not sopping - mop head.
- Starting in one corner work side-to-side and back-to-front with the mop - make sure to get under tables & chairs etc. and move any items such as bins to clean beneath.You should be dipping the mophead back into the water and wringing again every couple of square metres to ensure you’re not just moving dirt around.
To ensure that everywhere is covered, it’s advisable to mop in a ‘figure of eight’ motion so that nowhere is missed!
- Once you’ve completed the floor - if it seems wet still, you can wring the mop head completely and run over with a clean, dry mop.