The government has confirmed that home cleaners can work in Tier 2.
Throughout England, all local areas have been placed under COVID alert levels, which determine what is and isn’t allowed. Much of the country is currently in Tier 2, the ‘high risk’ category.
But what exactly are the rules for home cleaning in Tier 2?
The rules for home cleaning in Tier 2
Work that is carried out in other people's homes - such as that of cleaners, nannies & tradespeople - is able to continue though.
This is because there are a number of social distancing rules in place that allow work to continue, but would make social visits very difficult.
The main rules are:
- Workers & customers should maintain social distancing (2m+ where possible, or 1m+ with “mitigating actions”)
- No work can be carried out if the worker or the customer are self-isolating, or have any coronavirus symptoms
Provided that neither the customer or worker is isolating or unwell, and social distancing is possible, cleaners can work in Tier 2.
Our enhanced cleaning & hygiene procedures
Below are a few of the extra measures we’ve introduced:
- Social distancing - cleaners & customers are maintaining 2 meters distance during cleans
- Frequent handwashing - before, during & after every clean
- Cleaners are using PPE, which we’re providing to them free-of-charge
- No cleans are happening if customers or cleaners are isolating, or have any COVID symptoms
- Cleaners are working close to home, to minimise their use of public transport
- Cleaners are paying special attention to high-touch surfaces, like door handles & switches
- Using cleaning products that kill '99.9% of germs'
In addition to our COVID-secure measures, we’ve also written & published a full coronavirus risk assessment. You can read that on our website, here.
Cleaning services available
We’re offering a wide range of cleaning services, which are available throughout all COVID alert levels.
We’ve got 5-star cleaners available across London, who can be booked for any of the services below:
- Regular home cleaning
- One-off deep cleaning
- End of tenancy cleaning
- After builders cleaning
- Antiviral sanitisation
- Commercial cleaning (including office cleaning, retail & shop cleaning & more)
If you need a hand booking in, or have any questions about our cleaning services, you can send us a message here.